Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ready or Not, Here I Come!






Jace Bennion Tueller entered this world on Wednesday, March 4--two weeks earlier than expected. Let's start at the beginning:
Wednesday, March 4 started out like any other morning. I was getting ready for school, Daniel for work and the boys for daycare. As Daniel was leaving to take the boys (7:15 A.M.) I told him that today might be the day Jace arrives. I was going into labor. So much for the scheduled C-section on Tuesday, March 17. He took the boys to daycare. I called Sky View and told them that I wouldn't be in, I was going to my doctor to see what was going on. The doctor's office didn't open until 9:00. Daniel came back and we thought we could wait it out until then but as the minutes went by, that was not an option! We got to the hospital at 8:30 A.M. Luckily I had my bag packed because Justus also decided to come 2 weeks early! At the hospital it was decided that we would have the baby, they weren't going to try and stop my labor. We were in the operating room by 10:30 A.M. (no pain medication until then--OUCH) and Jace was born at 11:10 A.M. When he came out all I heard was--"He is Big". When I saw him I was shocked that they had said this, because he was TINY. He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz. Yes he was early, but when his big brothers weighed 9 lbs 9 oz and 10 lbs 5 oz to us he was tiny. He was born with a collapsed lung so he spent his first few days in the NICU. Luckily we were able to bring him home on Saturday! He is such a fun baby with "BIG CHEEKS". I am blessed to have 3 boys. We'll see how this crazy adventure turns out!

12 comments:

Scott and Brittany Manning said...

Congrats! Jace is sooooo cute! Having 3 boys really is fun!:)

JJ said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. We have a baby girl coming sometime in June!

Darin and Joanna said...

Congratulations! What a cutie! And how lucky for you that your babies decide to come early, I wish I had that problem! Good luck and get some rest!

Liz Rose said...

Oh he is a cutie! Three boys, how fun! I love the name Jace too.
Two weeks early, I would have loved that--I had to beg my doctor to induce me. How long to get off from School? 6 weeks? Congratulations--what a beautiful family you have.

Stacey Irwin said...

congrats! I'm glad he is doing better and able to come home! nicu sucks!( well it's a blessing, but still no fun to have your baby in there.)
3 boys are going to be a fun adventure!
8lbs is still small. But I can't believe how cute his lil cheeks are. I just want to give'm a soft pinch!
good luck! hope you can get some rest!
Enjoy!

Nat said...

Thanks for your nice comments. We are enjoying Jace. His brothers can't get enough of him. It is nice to be home, I think that we are all still in shock. I decided to take the whole trimester off of school and spend the time with my boys, so I don't go back until after the summer. Things worked out nicely! Thanks again, we appreciate your support!

Tami said...

Congrats! Hope everyone is doing well and that you are adjusting.

Mortons Love said...

Congrats! I'm glad he's okay!

Bobbie said...

Your boys are adorable, congrats on the new one. Lucky you --- a whole tri and the summer off! I know Blair is sure going to miss you though.

Kelli said...

Congrats! He looks like a beautiful baby. I'll give you a call, and I'd love to stop in and see him sometime!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, what can I say other than, what a cute little guy. He is to adorable. Congratulations, and I hope all of you are doing well.

Jenny said...

Hey Natalie!
Congratulations. I stumbled on your blog and thought I would say hi.

I just had my third boy last August. Good luck!

Jenny (Wallis)